Mold Inspection and Testing Cape Coral, Florida
Have you Experienced Recent Water Damage or Noticed Musty or Strange Smells?
This may be a sign of a mold issue. Mold is most likely, but not limited, to occur when a building or home has experienced some type of water damage. This is a more frequent occurrence in tropical areas that experience heavy rainfall or natural disasters such as hurricanes. If you’ve experienced flooding or suffered water damage, your property is susceptible to dangerous mold growth. If you suspect your property has been affected by mold contact Mr. Dry Services. We provide 24 hour emergency services for water damage and mold inspection in Cape Coral and throughout Southwest Florida.
How to Detect Mold in a Home or Business
FAQ: Does an indoor air quality test detect the presence of mold?
Indoor air quality checks are just one method that will help identify the presence of mold. In addition to mold, it may also reveal the presence of allergens, radon, asbestos and other harmful agents. A full mold inspection and testing involves more than just an air quality test.
Common Signs of Mold can Include:
- Discoloration or stains on walls, ceilings, or inside cabinetry. Mold can be black, green, brown, yellow or white. It can also take on a fuzzy appearance
- You notice a musty or unusual odor in your home
- Damp walls or condensation
- Spotting on your ceilings could be an indication that you have a leaking roof or leaking pipes in your attic.
- You’ve identified leaks from your appliances, sinks, toilets or drains
- Any indications by you, members of your family and even your pets of the negative health symptoms outlined above
- Mold is something that should not betaken lightly and should be addressed as soon as possible. If you observe any of the following you should call Mr Dry to schedule a mold inspection and testing.
Quick 24-Hour Emergency Response
Water Damage/Mold Remediation
What Are Some of the Harmful Health Effects of Mold?
There are different types of mold and some are more dangerous than others. But all molds should be treated as dangerous and eliminated. Black mold is considered very dangerous and can lead to major respiratory problems. The elderly and babies are particularly susceptible to health hazards caused by mold. Even pets suffer from the health hazards of mold. People with chronic respiratory conditions or those with weaker immune systems are extremely vulnerable. Here are some of the symptoms that would indicate you have a mold problem, even if you can’t see or smell it.
- Skin or eye irritation/blurred vision/tearing eyes
- Allergic reactions/skin rashes
- Migraines/headaches and joint pain
- Sinus congestion/asthma like symptoms/hacking cough
- General fatigue or feeling of weakness
- A metal taste in your mouth
- Body temperature swings
- Feeling disoriented or a feeling of memory loss
- Abdominal pain/bloating/diarrhea
Why You Should be Concerned About Mold
Mold can grow at a fast and rapid pace in a few short days after water damage occurs. When you can see signs of mold or smell the odor of mold you are dealing potentially with millions of mold spores. The negative effects of mold to the structure of your home are bad, but the health hazards associated with mold in your home or business are far more dangerous.
If you’ve experienced water damage of any kind, trying to deal with the aftermath by yourself may not be enough to avoid the harmful effects of mold growth. What would be a simple clean up job today could evolve in to a significant mold or structural problem in the months ahead if not identified and treated properly. DIY kits are not enough and are not as accurate as testing done by professionals. If you see some indication of mold it’s highly likely that there is mold in your property that you can’t see. And that’s why you need a professional.
Get the Facts on Mold
Be Safe – Contact Mr. Dry Services
Having mold issues in your home is something which should not be taken lightly. If you’ve discovered you have mold or just suspect you have a mold problem, don’t hesitate. Call or contact Mr Dry Services for mold inspection and testing of your Cape Coral property. Our certified technicians will perform a reliable and accurate mold inspection and testing of your property. Should our inspection and testing detect mold in your home we can eliminate the problem and get your life and property back to normal.
When a Disaster Hits, Time is of the Essence
Contact Mr Dry for
FAST 30 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME
Mr Dry Proudly Offers Services in the Following Areas:
Fort Myers – Cape Coral – North Fort Myers – Lehigh Acres – South Fort Myers – Estero – Bonita Springs – Sanibel Island – North Naples – Naples – Golden Gate – Punta Gorda – Labelle – and All Surrounding Areas